Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lucia's Olympic Day

Yesterday was ballet and today was gymnastics. I may not have signed her up for both if I knew they were going to be back to back, but she seemed to really enjoy and get into both, so I guess it was a good thing.




 Back for round 2, Mateo, Papi, Aba, Abu, Abuela Leonor and Mommy (not pictured) came to show their support for Lucia




 Here comes our little all-american gymnast



 Starting with floor exercises (you may also recognize her buddy, Amelia, from yesterday's ballet performance)



When they first walked onto the mat they had to perform a sort of gallop around the mat to start the show. I thought Lucia did a really good job, but they reminded me a little of show ponies (click on link below to see what I am talking about)




 Time to limber up...




...with some splits and stretches. Look at that form!




 This move made some of the dads a little nervous. I happen to think "bridge is pretty impressive for a 3yr old




 And finish off this session with a side split




 Next up parachute play



 The girls also did a little posture practice with their seat spots on their heads



 In this area, Lucia was able to walk the balance beam...





 ...And work on her handstand




 Her last exercise was on this bounce-walk, after which she got a splinter and limped around in discomfort until the end.





 Able to stand through the pain, our next Flying Squirrel





 We were proud of her 




 And her buddies, they all did a great job


2 comments:

The Kender-Page said...

Cutest show ponies eva!

Unknown said...

Lucia is so cute in her leotard and her galloping ponie-ness