Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Valentina's 2nd Day

Since I gave birth to Valentina early in the day yesterday, I was given the possible option of leaving today instead of spending another night in the hospital. I was very excited about this, no more night time nurses prodding and poking me, no more weird noises coming from a roommate one curtain away from me, no more bland hospital food and I would get to see my bigger kids, but it would be left up to my OB and the hospital pediatrician. My OB told me she had no problem letting me go, but the pediatrician was more wary. Little Valentina had to pass the test (a test at the young age of 2 days). She had to poop and she had to pass a test that proved she didn't have jaundice.




I love this picture...it was just the two of us resting in the room. Me staring at her and all her peacefulness and her just cuddling up to me...her mama and being totally zen



Yah! She passed the tests!  We are out of here. As you can see she wasn't a fan of the car seat.



But she soon got used to hit. Please note: this layette was provided by Anissa who made sure to give it to Grandma to bring for Valentina




The kids thought I was coming home tomorrow, so you can imagine their surprise when they came home and there I was with their new sibling. Lucia thought she was a doll and as you can see from this picture was totally smitten and in awe.



Mateo is already a pro at being a big brother, but he was also very much in love with his second little sister



Of course Navita had to get in on the action too (notice the watchful eyes of Lucia).
Welcome home Valentina!

No comments: