Today I said goodbye to my silver lining. Frantz Vielot born on June 21st 1949 passed away on September 23rd 2014. In between the beginning and the end he migrated from Haiti, met the love of his life, had a daughter, started several businesses, found his calling as a social worker and became a grandfather three times over. He wasn't my rock, but he was my silver lining. The person who always made me feel like I could do the best and not only that, but that I was the best. He never had a bad thing to say and always praised and elevated my accomplishments (sometimes undeservedly so). He was my silver lining at times when I thought I was ok, he said I was stellar. His pride in me was something I took for granted and didn't realize I needed until it was gone. He was my silver lining. I feel a little untethered as if I am now defined differently. The whole thing is a bit surreal. Now I am a gray cloud, dark and stormy. Today I said goodbye to my silver lining.
I love you dad.
Goodbye
I love you dad.
Goodbye
1 comment:
He and his passion for everything he believed in will be very missed.
Post a Comment