Mateo has probably been waiting for this trip since he heard it existed. He found out in 3rd grade that the 4th graders got to go on an overnight trip and since starting 4th grade he has been waiting for it. Today was the day they finally got to go on their overnight trip to PEEC. I have to say I felt a little nervous, I mean he has gone to sleepovers before, but never on a school trip and never to another state, but things like this are good for us to get used to the idea I guess. Lucia was a bit upset because she is so used to sleeping with her brother, so I guess it's something we all have to get used to.
At morning drop-off Mateo (in orange hat) tried to play it cool while hanging with the guys and I didn't want to bust his cover so I took this picture from afar, until...
...later when I saw a couple of other parents taking up, close and personal pix so it gave me an opportunity to get one too.
"Bye, bye little man see you tomorrow"
Luckily, the teachers were kind enough to document a lot of of the trip so we could catch a glimpse of some of the things they did. Here is Megan's class at arrival to PEEC (Pocono Environmental Education Center). Mateo is in the back behind the boy with the yellow hat.
Time to mix-it up...
...and have fun! Good Luck Megan!
One of their first activities - canoeing. Mateo's rowing buddies were Taiki and Nico. Where's Mateo's oar?
I guess he was the caller
After canoeing, the boys with rain boots went wading in the water. Micah and Mateo seemed to be finding some interesting items.
Mateo and Peter also appear to be having fun.
But why let the fun stop there, why not go in almost all the way?! Oh, I know why, because that would mean wetting all of your clothes.
So after, Mateo wet all of his clothes, he didn't realize that he had a change of clothes for the next day he could have worn, so he changed into his PJs and wore those to bed and then all of the next day.
Yes, take a good look folks Yankees PJ bottoms with sporty PJ top.
Yep that's my son
Thank goodness, it's only one day







No comments:
Post a Comment