Lucia's first night was pretty uneventful. After cleaning her up the nurses brought Lucia to me so I could feed her and bond with her in my room. It was a peaceful and precious experience because it was just the two of us getting to know one another. I don't think I slept much because I spent most of the time just looking at her. The next day, she was lucky enough to get a lot of family visitors. Her big brother Mateo came to see her (although we haven't managed to get him to take a picture with her yet), she also got to visit with primos, tia, tio and grandparents.
Prima Mima came to the hospital to visit and brought along some beautiful Peridot earrings for Lucia to wear once her ears are pierced
Aba holding Lucia (please note that Abu, Tia Raqui and Tio Jon also came to visit, but they were all too scared to hold her because they thought they would break her)
Mateo's Padrino and primo Julio got in some bonding time with Lucia
Mommy (looking tired and puffy) cheeses it up for a pic
When the nurses brought Lucia to me after her bath she had this faux-hawk. They combed her hair down on either side and in the middle they swirled it up. In Cuba they call this style a quiquiri and it is commonly seen on cupie-dolls. I just had to document it because I thought it was cute (which grandma completely disagrees with)
1 comment:
I agree - that hairstyle is adorable.
Post a Comment