Today was a sad day. It was a day when I discovered the power of sibling rivalry and how ugly it can be. I must also say that it was a day that was very unusual, but it makes me realize that while 99% of the time Mateo and Lucia play nice (at least nice enough) there are times when things can turn bad, so we have to be diligent and keep our eyes out.
Everything started out normal, but this should have been a clue...."is there a doctor in the house?"
Mateo and Lucia playing with their toys. As you can see a majority of the playing is done with his toys because she is way more interested in his stuff than her own. This is where the tale turns ugly. Please note I received this information second hand, but apparently Lucia was playing with an item that was near and dear to him (this changes frequently) and he lashed out...
...and hit her in the mouth with a cup. There were tears, a big time out and a little blood. Miss Lucia bounced back although you can see she had a little red coloring on her lip and I think Mateo was shocked at the results of his actions. I was very upset and he is on punishment. I just hope this is the last time something like this happens because it made me very sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment