This
summer both kids are mixing it up and doing a variety of summer camps.
Logistically it is a bit hairy to organize and keep track of, with so many
different locations, forms, start and end times, lunch, no lunch...blah, blah.
This week Mateo is going to basketball camp and Lucia is actually going to a
Girl Scout Day Camp. I was told about it by her troop leader and when I found
out how inexpensive it was and how close (only 30 minutes away) it was and that
there was a Hoboken bus I just couldn't resist.
We signed her up, but before we actually let her go, I made Eddie
go with her a couple of days before to check out the camp and make sure it was
decent. This is the ride up to the campsite.
Outtdoorsie - as a
camp should be.
Cabins! Looks
legit to me.
So today was her first day and as I waited for the bus with her I
got a weird twinge. Didn't realize I would feel this way and I admired her for
wanting to go even though she didn't know anyone else who was going. My brave
little Lucia walked on that bus, waved goodbye and waited until I couldn't see
the bus.
"Bye, bye."
Parents aren't allowed to go to the camp to check on the girls,
but they were kind enough to post a lot of pictures of the girls' week, so here
are some highlights from her 1st week.
She didn't go with friends, but she seemed to make a lot while she
was there.
Friendship circle
Arts and crafts time
Her program was Fashion Art and on this day they had to dress
wacky which explains all the bows in her hair
The ladies working on their straw hats for their fashion show
My country girl
All of the
fashionable ladies
Of course camp wasn't only arts, crafts and fashion it also
included field time and hiking...
...Lunch time fun...
...And
keychain making. I actually remember making these types of plastic yarn
key chains when I was at camp
At the beginning of the week they stenciled t-shirts and on the
last day they got to wear them. Lucia made this great owl.
or their field trip they went to FunPlex which also had a pool and
waterslides.
What was great
about her whole experience was the bonding with other girls both her age and
older and the real true outside camp experience. Everyday she came home happy and exhausted as it should be after a fun-filled
day at summer camp.
Week 1 Done!

No comments:
Post a Comment